Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thailand-Railay-Diamond Cave (Day 45)

I thought we’d take the short walk today and push the grade a little so we headed over to Diamond Cave to try Seven, Seven, Seven; 3 pitches (6b, 6c, 6c).  I took the first pitch and almost got it clean but hung at the last bolt when it had been too steep for too long for me.

P2260180

Anja took the second pitch a thin crimpy pitch and almost got it clean too but hung at the last bolt before the anchor.

P2260183

Anja also took the third pitch

P2260185

And sent it easy as the crux as a super steep section at the end of the pitch.  She loved it!

P2260188

She then threw a top rope on Almost Heaven (7a+).  With a lot of hanging she was able to get up it.  I didn’t even try.

P2260189

Lots of guide groups climb at Diamond Cave and Ya Ya’s bar was being used as a climber day care of sorts.

P2260194

I then got on the second pitch of Diamonds are Forever thinking it was 6a (5.10a); it wasn’t it was 6b+ (5.10c) and I got a little worked and hung a few times but got it done.

No comments: