Friday, July 29, 2011

Greece-Kalymnos-Kasteli (Day 140)

We had made a plan the night before.  I was going to take Andy climbing and Anja and Kristen were going to have a girl time day.

P6014026

It was a little exciting to lead with a complete novice belaying me but the climbing was so easy I just wasn’t worried about falling and was pretty sure Andy would catch me.

P6014027

I got Andy on some easier climbs and he found out what climbing was like with out the girls around.  On the first climb he got up to the crux and said he couldn’t do it.  I said keep trying you haven’t even fallen yet.  He tried and fell.  He said he was ready to come down.  I said “No”.  This is when he realized it was going to be different climbing with just me.  After that I think he tried a little harder and got going and again and climbed to the top.

P6014028

I think the first climb was a break through for Andy and he made it to the top of the second climb.  At the top of the third climb he said he was too tired so I just lowered and cleaned the route and we took a little break.

DSC01914

P6014033

We did the last climb for Andy and he managed to struggle up it.

P6014034

Before we left I wanted to do the 6a around the corner and I headed up it with a brief pause as I almost started up Pilar of the Sea.

P6014043

When we got back to Massouri we grabbed Gyro’s at Sunrise Café with Kristen and Anja and then we all headed to the port in Pothia by Taxi.  It was 18 euros for the taxi so Anja and I joined them and saw them off on the ferry.  After the ferry Anja and I walked back to the grogery store which was opps about 5 km away.  After we got our groceries we caught the bus which was nice except you are supposed to by your ticket before you get on the bus so it had to stop at a little stand for us enroute. 

No comments: