Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Colorado–Boulder-Cob Rock

We got back to Boulder this summer and I got back to trad climbing again.  The first day was with my brother on Dome rock up the East Slab 5.6.  I led ok but then at the top dropped a locking carabineer.  I haven’t dropped anything off a climb for years!  Felt like such a Gumby. 

A week later, Anja and I headed off to climb Cob Rock up the North Face Center

P8040499

Cob Rock the distinct crack up the middle was our line.

P8030435

The day started with crossing Boulder Creek on a fixed rope.

P8030440

I took the first led but half way up called down “Do you have a nut tool?” “No?” “Me neither”.  Opps glad I had 12 cams on the rack.

P8030446

It was a straightforward pitch and I set the belay in a corner.

P8030447

Anja led up from there to the top.

P8030449

With a little pause at the 2nd pitch crux.  It was a nice day in the canyon and an nice climb.

No comments: